Online trading account – documents required
Documents required for Personal and Joint accounts
Residents of Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, UK Crown Dependencies (Jersey, Guernsey, Isle of Man), Cyprus (Republic of Cyprus), Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Hong Kong, Iceland, India, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Ireland, Romania, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom – to open your account, please send us one document (copy) from each of the two lists in the grey section below.
Residents of Bahrain, China (Peoples Republic of China), Denmark overseas territories (Faroe Islands), France overseas territories (Mayotte, New Caledonia, French Polynesia, Saint Pierre and Miquelon, Wallis and Futuna), Macau, the Netherlands overseas territories (Aruba, Curacao, Sint Maarten, Bonaire, Sint Eustatius and Saba), New Zealand, Oman, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Taiwan and United Arab Emirates (UAE) – to open your account, please send us one document (copy) from list (i) and two documents (copies) from list (ii) in the grey section below. Alternatively, if you cannot provide two documents from list (ii) we will accept one certified* proof of address document from list (ii).
Residents of all other countries – to open your account, please send us one document (copy) from list (i) and two documents (copies) from list (ii) in the grey section below. You must provide a clear, full and certified* copy of your ID and address verification, certified by a lawyer, bank manager or notary only.
Due to global banking and regulatory restrictions, we are unable to process any applications from residents of the following countries/territories: Belarus, Canada, Cote d'lvoire, Democratic Republic of Congo, Iran, Japan, Libya, North Korea, Puerto Rico (US citizens), Sudan, Syria, citizens or residents of the United States (except Eligible Contract Participants) and Zimbabwe.
|(i) ID verification (non-expired)||(ii) Address verification*|
*All copies must be certified by a lawyer, bank manager or Notary Public as a "true copy of the original", and include the stamp, full name, address, date and signature of the person performing the certification.
For address verification, we do not accept TV licences, electronically generated PDF bank statements or utility bills and documents for PO BOX addresses. Moreover, the document must be dated within six months and include your full name and current residential address, and the issuer and date must be visible.
Please email clear scanned documents to email@example.com or fax to +44 (0)20 7426 2949.
Please note: To open a Joint account, both people require the necessary documentation.
|Why not photograph your ID with your phone and send it to us.|
Documents required for Corporate accounts
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Memorandum and Articles of Association
- Proof of business address (if different from registered address)
- Verification of 2 Directors*
- Verification of shareholders owning more than 25% of the company's shares*
* If any of the Directors or shareholders is a private individual, we require a scanned or faxed copy of the documents listed in (i) above and one or two copies (depending on in which section above, A, B or C, the country of residence of the individual falls under) of the documents listed in the relevant list (ii) above. If any of the Directors or shareholders is a corporate entity, we require the entity's Memorandum and Articles of Association, Certificate of Incorporation, proof of business address (if different from registered address) and verification of the Directors and shareholders.
For corporations registered in the countries listed in Section C above, we require all documents to be certified as a "true copy" by a lawyer, notary or bank manager.
Depending on the company structure, we may call for certain additional supporting documents from the applicant.